Neuro Linguistic Programming (NLP) taught me how to manage my state and how to access my inner strength when I needed it and I wanted to share with you how you can do this too.
The thing is with the brain, it is very clever, it does al kinds of wonderful things for us throughout the day; we continue to breathe, it regulates our heart rate, it formulates plans and solves problems.
It is also very good at accessing particular emotional states, such as feeling on top of the world and confident. However mostly this happens without much of our say so and it can also access unhelpful states such as stress and anxiety – not so helpful.
It is possible to gain control over this process!
If you have ever felt anything at any time in your life, your brain is capable of feeling it, it is just a case of accessing it.
I want to share with you how you can access strength quickly and most importantly, when you need it.
TRY THIS OUT:
- Think about a time when you felt strong and write it down.
- Take a moment to close your eyes, take yourself back to that time, see what you saw, hear what you heard and feel what you felt. See the memory through your own eyes, make it big, colourful, panoramic, with super surround sound.
- Notice where you feel this strength in your body the most intensely and give it a colour.
- Start to spin this strength through you, make it bigger, spin it faster, make it fill you up right to the edges, so you feel it could burst out of you.
- When it is at its peak, imagine breathing that colour in and deep inside.
- Open your eyes, take a few moments break and then close your eyes and repeat. Do this a total of three times.
Do the above steps now.
What you have just done is two fold. Firstly you have revved up the neurology of strength. The more you use particular neurological pathways and access states, the stronger they become and the easier they are to access.
Secondly, you have linked that colour to that state of strength. To access that state when you need to, close your eyes, think about that memory and imagine you are surrounded by that colour and breathe it in. Do this now and notice how quickly your system is happy to oblige!
Well done, you are awesome and have taken another step towards managing your mind for a simply clear life. I wonder how this will be useful for you in your life?
Wishing you a simply clear life, from Simply Clear Coaching.
David Williams – Your Coach and Change Agent.